Xiamen's intangible cultural heritage

2018-06-13

Xiamen's intangible cultural heritage

 

Li Mei: Hi Adam, do you know what made last Saturday special?

你知道上周六是什么日子吗?

 

Adam: June 9? It seems I’m going to fail your question.

69号?让我想想,这次你好像难住我了。

 

Li Mei: It was Chinese Cultural Heritage Day but don't feel too bad. The day was only begun in 2006 and many Chinese citizens don't know it exists.

是中国文化遗产日,不过没关系,2006年才设立的,很多中国人还不知道。

 

Adam: I confess I've never heard about it.

我真的从未听过。

 

Li Mei: It's all about protecting China's traditions. Xiamen, like so many Chinese cities, has a wealth of cultural heritage.

设这个节日是为了更好地保护中国的文化遗产。厦门和很多中国城市一样,有丰富的文化遗产。

 

Adam: Yeah, I did read that Gulangyu was added to the World Culture Heritage list last year. It's a major recognition of the island's historical status.

是的,我知道去年鼓浪屿成功申遗了,当时是个历史大事件呢。

 

Li Mei: For Xiamen, the listing is an honor and a responsibility to protect and promote the islet.

是的,对于厦门这不仅仅是荣誉,还有责任。

 

Adam: What are some other examples of cultural heritage in Xiamen?

厦门还有什么其他文化遗产吗?

 

Li Mei: Gezai opera is a great one, have you heard of it?

歌仔戏,你听说过吗?

 

Adam: I actually went to a performance last week and it was fantastic.

我碰巧上周看过一次,太惊艳了。

 

Li Mei: There are more than 360 kinds of opera in China but Gezai is the only one to originate in Taiwan in the 20th century. It earned a place on China's inaugural national intangible cultural heritage list.

中国360多种戏剧,歌仔戏是唯一一支产生于台湾的戏剧,起源于20世纪,也是中国首批国家非物质文化遗产。

 

Adam: I didn't know that. What else is important in Xiamen?

我以前真不知道,还有其他的吗?

 

Li Mei: Have you heard of lacquer thread sculpture?

漆线雕你知道吗?

 

Adam: Nope, what is it?

不知道,是什么呢?

 

Li Mei: Artists use fine lacquer threads to make decorative patterns like characters and animals on items such as plates, vases and stoneware.

艺术家们用细漆线在盘子、花瓶和石器上盘出人物动物等图形。

 

Adam: I wonder if the local mooncake game is part of Xiamen's intangible cultural heritage?

我猜博饼也是厦门的非物质文化遗产吧。

 

Li Mei: It is, and that's not all. Spring flower headwear, gaojia opera and the chest-thumping dance are all part of the area's cultural heritage.

对,厦门的文化遗产还有很多,比如春仔花、高甲戏、拍胸舞等等,都是我们的文化遗产呢。

 

Adam: Wow, it seems I still have much to learn.

哇,看来我要了解的还有很多呢。

 

By Ye Zihan

[ Web editor:Robin Wang, Wu Jianhan    Source:Common Talk ]