Enjoying Jimei's Photo Festival

2017-11-29

Photo by Yao Fan

 

Adam: I saw the beautiful sunset picture you posted in your Wechat Moments. It's a great photo.

我看到你在朋友圈发的一张夕阳照片,超赞的!

 

Li Mei: Thanks. I took it along the Island Ring Boulevard yesterday. The afternoon sunlight turned the blue waters golden. The picture is great but the reality was even better.

谢谢。昨天我在环岛路散步时拍的,夕阳将蓝色的海水映成金黄,现场比图片还美!

 

Adam: Beauty beyond words, huh?

美到无法形容了吧?

 

Li Mei: Yes, so I used my smart phone to take a photo. Now that everyone has a phone in their pocket, people take more photos than ever. It's great to view photos on a phone but you can see them from a deeper perspective at a photo exhibition.

是的,所以我就用手机拍下来了。现在每个人都有手机,拍的照片也比过去多了。在手机上看照片是不错,但是在摄影展上看,会有更深层的体验。

 

Adam: No doubt.

没错.

 

Li Mei: In fact, a big photo event is taking place right now. The third Jimei-Arles International Photo Festival runs through January 3.

事实上,现在就有个大型摄影展,第三届集美·阿尔勒国际摄影季正在进行呢,持续到来年的13号。

 

Adam: Where is it?

在哪呢?

 

Li Mei: At the Three Shadows Xiamen Photography Art Center in Jimei.

集美区的三影堂厦门摄影艺术中心。

 

Adam: The art center is in the Xinglinwan Business Center?

杏林湾商业中心的那个摄影中心?

 

Li Mei: You've been there?

你去过?

 

Adam: I visited a different exhibition with my friends last year. I heard the center is China's first professional arts center dedicated to photography.

我去年和朋友一起去那看了另外一个展。据说三影堂是中国第一个专门用于摄影展的专业艺术中心。

 

Li Mei: You'd make a great PR rep for them.

你对三影堂蛮了解的嘛。

 

Adam: Haha, I guess I was just impressed, but tell me more about the photo festival?

哈哈,我只是对它印象深刻。不过这个摄影季是怎么回事呢?

 

Li Mei: More than 150 artists and 40 different exhibits from around the world are on display. There are several works from this year's festival in Arles as well as three exhibitions collectively entitled Greetings from Indonesia. And there's a dozen exhibitions featuring Chinese photographers.

来自世界各地150多位艺术家的摄影作品参加40个展览,其中有部分是来自今年的阿尔勒国际摄影节的作品,有3印尼影汇单元展览,还有10多场中国摄影师的展览。

 

Adam: Seems like a bonanza for photography professionals and art lovers.

摄影专业者和爱好者的大聚会啊。

 

Li Mei: The photos are really accessible and it doesn't take an expert to enjoy the festival. The exhibition is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. everyday except Monday. Do you want to visit with me?

对大众来说也是一场视觉盛宴,并不一定是专家才懂得欣赏。这个展从早上9:30到下午的5点,周二到周日。想和我一起去看展吗?

 

Adam: I'd love to. How about tomorrow afternoon?

想,明天下午怎样?

 

Li Mei: Settled.

就这么定了。

 

By By Sun Shaowen

[ Web editor:Robin Wang, Wu Jianhan    Source:Common Talk ]